Mexichem is committed with communities where it operates to benefit their progress, taking advantage of opportunities to create shared value projects. Actions include several forms of intervention as an answer to the various stakeholders we interact with, such as assistance and support to development self-management. We encourage our stakeholders’ initiative and voluntary work thus favoring social progress of communities.
Our main subjects are education, strengthening capabilities, providing water and sanitation, developing housing solutions and childcare. The strategy for creating shared value with the community considers guidelines that may help us strengthen them and support continuity of undertaken projects.
- Meeting priority needs in areas related with our business interests.
- Establishing alliances with public and private organizations to achieve greater scope.
- Guaranteeing tangible results by defining and monitoring.
Examples of social projects of water supply and sanitation:
- Smiling Source; San Salvador, El Salvador. Providing drinking-water to a community of 100 families. Supporting the community by teaching good practices for the use of water.
- Water to be drunk; Buenos Aires, Argentina. Providing drinking-water and improving the sanitation system in several schools and social assistance centers on the Paraná River delta zone islands, province of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Providing drinking-water to the Monte Carlos Community, Guatemala. The achievement of the project on handling rain-water consisted of creating a permeable pavement to capture water into the groundwater layer; thus providing drinking-water to the community.
- Sanitation, energy generation and organic fertilizer, Guatemala – Sanitizing houses surrounding areas; taking advantage of gases produced by treatment process and residual muds as organic fertilizer.
- Ecological Restoration of Neuta wetland, Bogotá, Colombia. This project consisted of several main phases:
- Carrying on an ecological restoration process at the wetlands, with the support of the community in order to guarantee protection and preservation of the ecosystem.
- Generating sensitivity and awareness activities so that the community learns the environmental benefits and services the wetland has.
- Carrying on campaigns and executing maintenance works of the wetland such as: recovery of water body, cleaning green areas, reforestation and building educational spaces.