Regarding the economic dimension, the success of our strategy for the creation of wealth and prosperity features the following factors:
- Implementing our plans
- Adding value to our raw materials
- Continuing vertical integration
- Larger diversification of our markets
- Achieving a larger discipline in costs and investments reduction
- Relationship with stakeholders
In 2014, our sales increased 8%, reaching US$5,583 million, and our EBITDA was US$818 million. This year as well, net profitability rose to US$125 million. The pro forma net debt / EBITDA ratio was 2.0 times at the end of the year. Cash flow from operations was US$699 million, fueled by working capital management.
- Acquisitions of specialty companies were concluded, which all together, generated sales for US$214 million in the consolidated period (Dura-Line starting from September 2014 and Vestolit, from December 2014).
In 2014, the National Counsel for Science and Technology of Mexico (Conacyt) granted us a stimulus amount of US$2.82 million, since the policy of this country’s government is to offer economic incentives to investigation and development.